Prague Hostel & Pension Downtown
Hostel & Pension Downtown is located in the historical centre of Prague, about 5 minute walk to the Wenceslas Square, 10 minute walk to the Old Town Square as well as Charles’ Bridge and 100m to the underground station Národní Třída line B. You can easily walk to most historical monuments in Prague centre.
There are lots of services near the hostel as Tesco supermarket, many small shops as well as many restaurants, bars and cafés. The National Theatre is just 100m from the hostel as well as the Vltava river.
It is very difficult to find a parking space in the centre of Prague that’s why we offer two options for our guests. As Hostel & Pension Downtown does not have its own car park you can park in the National Theatre garages (quite expensive; EUR 2 per hour) or Park & Ride car park in Prague 7 – Holešovice (EUR 5 per day) from where you can easily get to the Prague centre by underground C line.
Hostelling International Quality Certificate
Hostel & Pension Downtown is the first hostel in the Central and Eastern Europe that was awarded a "HI Quality" certificate from Hostelling International. We are very happy and proud!
Hostel & Pension Downtown offers quality and inexpensive accommodation in a newly refurbished beautiful cubistic building. There is no age limit for accommodation.
We offer accommodation in:
- wonderful en-suite rooms with private bathrooms
- private rooms with shared bathrooms
- mixed dormitories
- female dormitories
Hostel & Pension Downtown is open 24 hours a day all year. Friendly English speaking staff will be happy to help you with all your requests.
Check in time is 2 p.m. and check out time is 10 a.m. If you come before 2 p.m. and your room won’t be ready you can leave your luggage in the storage and use the hostel lounge or go for a walk if you like. You can of course use the luggage storage on the day of departure as well and leave your luggage in the hostel after check-out time for the rest of the day - free of charge.
However, we kindly ask all our guests to leave their rooms by 10 a.m. on the day of departure as the rooms must be tidied up for the new guests. If you have specific requirements please contact us ahead by email and we’ll try to do the best we can to help you.
- Sheets, linen and towels as well padlocks to the lockers
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Luggage storage
- Free Wi-Fi in the lounge as well as in rooms
- PC point - 3 PCs available for our guests
- Safe at reception
- Free map
- Hair-dryer, iron
- Daily free tours
- Daily free activities organized by our hostel team
- Postal services - leave your postcard or letter at reception, we’ll send it for you (postal stamps available)
- Piano and guitar in the lounge - reveal your artistic skills :)
- Table football and table games available at reception
- Buffet breakfast all you can eat only for CZK 100
- Refreshments - coffee, Panini, drinks, etc.
- Washing machine
- Printing or copying
- Prague tours, as well tours to e.g. Kutná Hora or Karlštejn Castle
- Pub crawls
Book Online Now
Evening full of drinking and eating games
Piano concert with our pianist Georg
Italian Evening with Brent - free
Delicious Italian food, great Italian wine and good Music!